It’s been over 15 years – and Java is still a widely used programming language. In fact, it is one of the top 5 most popular programming languages. Companies like Spotify, Netflix, Microsoft, Uber are re-igniting the demand for Java developers.
Java application development is powerful. Java is a platform-independent programming language. Apart from that, it’s easy to learn and object-oriented – allowing Java engineers to create reusable code.
However, one of the biggest advantages of Java is the tools it offers. Java tools and technologies simplify the development process – and that’s why developers love it.
This article will highlight the top 10 best Java tools that developers can use in 2022. These Java tools and frameworks will help them build modular, powerful, and interactive apps with ease.
Read More: 20 Java Development Tools that Developers Should Know
10 Best Java Tools Developers can Use in 2022
Today, Java offers an amazing set of tools that developers can use. Even the top companies hiring Java developers need to know if the candidates are adept in these tools or not.
Here are the top 10 Best Tools Java Developers can Use in 2022 –
- The leading code quality assessment tool for Java, SonarQube is a primary choice for Java programmers. It has a set of over 600 unique rules to detect bugs, security vulnerabilities, security hotspots, and create an overall reliable and secure application.
- SonarQube supports Java 16 and almost all the primary Java frameworks. The tool addresses issues early in the process – eliminating any errors in compilation. It also offers assistance for common ORMs and Java frameworks.
- It is a child of the Oracle corporation. Netbeans is an IDE designed specifically for Java solutions. Boeing, NASA, NATO, and several other giants use the IDE for development. Java software development companies often use Netbeans to create complex Java applications.
- One of the biggest advantages of using Netbeans is that it is easy to install on any operating system. Java experts can set it up to use Maven. The IDE also has the relevant tools for Java development.
- Eclipse is another Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for Java. It comprises more than 150 projects covering multiple facets of software development. The IDE is an open-source tool that Java software engineers use. The IDE also supports programming languages like C, C++, Python, Perl, and more.
- Eclipse also provides SDK for Java development tools. It simplifies the web development process. It is a cross-platform, extensible, and configurable IDE. The IDE supports all languages that have plugins.
- Java Development Kit (JDK):
- One of the best tools that Java DevOps engineers use, JDK is helpful in creating Java applets and applications. It includes the Java compiler, runtime environment, and Java APIs. It is similar to an IDE but with a wider grasp on application development.
- JDK is easy for beginners and experienced developers. The new licenses enable free personal and development use. The tool allows several exceptions to be handled in a single catch block.
- A Java testing framework, JUnit is used to create test cases. It has JAR linked at compilation time. Experts at a Java software development company can easily write and run test cases using JUnit. Developers get immediate feedback for results. There’s an automated testing option as well.
- JUnit offers regression management. It provides a better understanding of the code and test cases. Developers often use the tool to test cases with ease. JUnit also helps in determining the code behavior.
- One of the best Java project tools, it is designed to help every junior or senior Java engineer to manage their development process. It compiles source files, runs test cases, and deploys artifacts to live environments. Maven is also known to help in managing dependencies with ease.
- Maven downloads Java libraries and plugins in the local cache. This process helps in saving a lot of computing memory. Maven also offers parallel builds. It is also useful with other programming languages.
- Every full stack Java engineer knows Jenkins. It is an open-source automation server to create, test, and deploy code. Jenkins offers a massive library of plugins. They simplify the integration of Jenkins with the existing architecture.
- Jenkins is written in Java. The server is portable and easily accessible on any operating system. Jenkins supports most of the tools in this list of Java development tools. It has a huge community that offers complete support for the project.
- Apache Spark:
- One of the best Java frameworks for large-scale application development, Spark is also known as a parallel processing framework. The biggest advantage of Spark is its ability to handle both batch and real-time data processing workloads.
- The framework is, however, written in Scala. It is much faster than its alternative, Mapreduce, which is the primary reason Spark is still at the top. The framework also offers reusability of code, making it easier to deploy the same features.
- IntelliJ IDEA:
- The IDE is created by Jetbrains. It offers Apache2 Licensed Community edition and Proprietary edition. The IDE offers code refactoring. IntelliJ IDEA is written in Java and is available as an open-source IDE.
- And last but not least, Spring – the primary Java framework at almost every enterprise software development company. Spring is the most popular tool in Java. There are two projects that developers can work with – Spring Boot and Spring Security.
- Spring Boot enables developers to create production-grade applications without any hassle. Spring Security offers security for Spring-based solutions. It offers authentication and authorization for Java applications.
Java has hundreds and thousands of tools that developers can use. It is one of the oldest and well-known technologies for developing applications. The above list showcases the 10 best tools that we at BoTree Technologies use to create powerful applications.
If you are looking for Java experts who can work with these tools and more, contact us today. BoTree Technologies has Java developers with 10+ years to assist you with development.